Things About Me
- I was born in Ohio, went to college in Indiana and graduate school in New York, and now live in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Saint Paul used to be called Pig’s Eye, and I’m a little sad it isn’t anymore.
- I met my partner, Jane, during Orientation Week (appropriately enough) at DePauw University, in the heart of Indiana’s corn country. I thought I would meet my husband at college. I was wrong. Jane and I have been together for nearly 25 years now.
- We talked about having a child for about ten of those years. I tried. She did it.
- Our daughter, Hannah, is now six. And a half.
- I am the author of She Looks Just Like You – A Memoir of (Nonbiological Lesbian) Motherhood (Beacon Press). It will be available in time for Mother’s Day, 2010.
- I find life with the kid to be exhilarating, exasperating, crazy-making, dramatic, hilarious, exhausting, anxiety-producing, consuming, absorbing.
- I cannot imagine life without the kid.
More at www.amiekmiller.com.
E-mail me at: amie @ amiekmiller . com